A few months ago I sent out a survey to understand how I can improve my current profession to help others market better, and also how to fix a profession that has a lot of false information that can potentially harm the public. 150 participants (49% female, 51% males; 51% ages 18-24, 36% ages -25-34) around the United States took a survey regarding exercise habits and their thoughts on personal trainers. Here are some interesting statistics:
- 75% of participants can not differentiate trainers' certifications (ex: CSCS vs. CPT vs. fake certification)
- 70% of participants learn through online blogs and forums
- 77% rate trainers highly based on their ability to explain the science behind their decisions
- 74% look for trainers through referral from friends and family
- Certifications are poorly regulated, and consumers can't tell the difference. This means although it's easy to make up great things about one self, it is equally hard to show them why your certification is better than another's. Certifications DO help with hiring because people within the profession can differentiate them.
- The public loves to read blogs, and some can contain poor information. The biggest point of this question is that it was an overwhelming preference of free resources compared to paid resources like workshops and seminars. People will go for options that free, and accessible to them on their own convenience. Regulating false information is difficult, and money is always a barrier.
- Because most people can't tell certifications apart, they look at how well a personal trainer can explain the sciences. Can personal trainers still mislead or over complicate information? Yes, but the main point is that customer service and interaction seems to dominate having letters behind your name in the eyes of your potential patients and clients.
- Social media is a crucial part in marketing, but services such as Yelp seem to be losing interest. Word of mouth, is still king in the marketing of this profession, but in order to even get clients, you NEED a digital footprint. Then, give your best effort to your clients every day. Besides the fact that they are paying you and expect the best, they are putting in their time and effort to better themselves; they deserve your best.
Now that you understand WHY, click this link here for HOW Updoc Media has helped multiple companies brand themselves.
About the Blog
Learn all things exercise and fitness with Vien Vu. Learn How Fit Works!
Top Rank Health, LLC Copyright. All rights reserved. You may not take any images, video, or any other content from this site without written permission.